Do you consider the following comment abusive

This thread is for asking other users for their opinion on the following comment. The comment as such is not directed towards any other user at all.

'Use more brains people'.

Would you consider this comment to be abusive or not?

For context, the thread and post where the comment was used:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1244601/page/3/#p10453454
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Apr 13, 2015, 2:40:40 AM
Support's reply:

"
I've had a look at your account and seen that the action taken from the moderator was justified, as abusing other users is against our Forum Guidelines, as you should be aware by now.

Debating and arguing points on the forums is fine, and we're happy for users to share their opinions, but making intentionally offensive remarks towards other users, such as "Use more brains", will not be tolerated as they detract from the conversation and tend to incite hostile responses from others.

This is not something we enforce dependent on whether users are supportive of GGG's decisions or against, it's simply courtesy and respect towards others.

However they failed to answer why 'Think harder people' is acceptable, but 'use more brains' which means the exact same thing is not.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Asking for opinions is the point of this thread.

- PoE TOS.
"
"
bhavv wrote:
Asking for opinions is the point of this thread.

You just got one though.

Be careful what you wish for.

Also the truth hurts.

Can you handle the truth?

The truth...

Spoiler
The truth hurts real good.
Halloween just isn't complete without pumpkin spiced pumpkin.
More sexual tension in Off Topic.

I'll bring the whipped cream and jellyfish.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
bhavv wrote:
Support's reply:

"
I've had a look at your account and seen that the action taken from the moderator was justified, as abusing other users is against our Forum Guidelines, as you should be aware by now.

Debating and arguing points on the forums is fine, and we're happy for users to share their opinions, but making intentionally offensive remarks towards other users, such as "Use more brains", will not be tolerated as they detract from the conversation and tend to incite hostile responses from others.

This is not something we enforce dependent on whether users are supportive of GGG's decisions or against, it's simply courtesy and respect towards others.

However they failed to answer why 'Think harder people' is acceptable, but 'use more brains' which means the exact same thing is not.

Yeah. Kinda like how "Decease, you same-sex loving person" and "Die, faggot" mean the same thing, yet I'm pretty sure one of them would get you on Probation.

I feel "use more brains" is a bit more antagonistic
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Apr 13, 2015, 2:07:08 AM
"
bhavv wrote:
'Use more brains people'.
As someone who can see the edited post content, that's not the same as the comment you used that was removed. The one you claim to have used in your post here is a toned down version that's a little less inflammatory. That alone makes me incredibly suspicious of your motives with making this thread.

I'm also pretty sure you've ridden this rodeo enough in the past to know no good would come from this thread. Based on what I've seen, I think support was entirely justified in their actions on that post. I'd really like it if we could leave it at that.
No that is what I wrote, maybe I had written 'seriously' in front of it?

I have a whole load of replies both via PM and email from support specifically about having written 'use more brains people', if I am lying then why is this the subject of the moderated post?

Support didnt even tell me what or why they had moderated the post, do you seriously expect me to be able to memorize every 5000+ posts I have ever made on this forum before you go any remove any non offensive thing I have written?

The one rule that GGG support has always mentioned is that profanities are allowed so long as they are not directed towards another use. You have zero problem with people using the words shit and fuck and other obscenities in their posts, yet you get mad over something as harmless as 'use more brains'.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Apr 13, 2015, 2:37:21 AM
[Removed by Support]

So if I had written 'Its that fucking shitty bollocks simple' instead, this would not have been against your rules and would be less likely to be considered antagonistic or likely to invoke hostility?

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by Arthur_GGG on Apr 13, 2015, 3:11:04 AM
Hi there,

Thank you for very much posting your concerns, we really appreciate the feedback!

I have passed your message on to our head of Customer Support, Samantha, who will be contacting you soon to discuss privately. If you prefer, please feel free to email her at samantha@grindinggear.com at any stage.

Many Thanks,
Arthur
support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info